Is Disney Genie+ Worth it?
The last thing you want from your dream Disney holiday is memories of time spent waiting in queues for hours. Unless you’re booking a luxurious VIP experience, Disney Genie+ is the way to beat those long wait times. Disney Genie+ offers guests a way to access ‘Lightning Lanes’ which means you and your family can save hours waiting for your favourite attractions and take in as much of Disney World or Disneyland as you can during your trip. Read on to learn what Disney Genie+ is along with a few tips and tricks to use it to its fullest potential.
What is Disney Genie+?
Disney Genie+ replaced the Fast Pass in 2021. You can access the Disney Genie+ service within the My Disney Experience app. It allows you to book multiple ‘Lightning Lanes’ in a day which means you can get on rides with an expedited wait and save hours over an entire visit! That means you can fit more into your day.
With about 50 Genie+ Lightning Lane attractions across the four parks to choose from, it can be well worth it to access all the big rides you want. Think about it, instead of only being able to go on five or six rides in a day, plan it right and you can go on nearly a dozen instead!
Is Disney Genie+ Worth It?
The short answer is yes. Disney Genie+ costs $ 15 USD and up per person per day. Dynamic pricing means that it can cost more on busier days with increased demand. While this can seem like a lot, Disney Genie+ can do much more than just book Lightning Lanes! Disney Genie can provide tailored recommendations and customized tips for your day, provide an interactive map showing attraction wait times and while you are saving time by not standing in a long line, you can also have fun with access to Disney PhotoPass Attraction photos and special lenses or listen to Audio Tales which provide fun facts about the parks.
One of the things we love about the Disney Genie+ service is that you don’t have to purchase it for every single day of your holiday. You can purchase it one day at a time. In fact, you can only buy the service for the coming day, starting at midnight.
How to use Disney Genie+
Once you have purchased your Disney Genie+ service for the upcoming day, you need to wait until 7 am to make your first reservation. Once you have done that, you need to wait 120 minutes before you make your next reservation. Set your timer and book your next one at 9 am. Continue booking your Lightning Lanes through the day at intervals of two hours. Ask your Timeless Tales Travel vacation planner for tips on “stacking” Lightning Lanes.
You can also book your next attraction when you check in for your current attraction. So be prepared to book as soon as you scan in for the ride.
How to Make the Most of Disney Genie+
- Make sure you carry a portable charger with you. The last thing you want is for your phone to run out of juice while booking your next Lightening Lane selection.
- Make sure that your reservations make rough geographic sense, so you aren’t running from one end of the park to the other.
- Use the slower morning times to actually stand in queues for rides that can get really crowded later on.
- Prioritise booking slots for rides you know will have a high demand later on in the day. Go on them earlier before all the slots are taken up instead.
- If you need to change something about a reservation, remember to use the ‘Modify’ function instead of ‘Cancel’. This means that your 120 minutes wait time between making reservations is not restarted and you can continue with your Disney Genie+ scheduling as usual.
- If you have a Park Hopper ticket, you can use your Disney Genie+ to book rides at the other park you plan to visit, go to the Tip Board, and click on “Change Park” to reserve your spot for rides that can get busy later.
If this seems like a lot, don’t worry! Our team is happy to walk you through the entire process. Don’t stress over the little details, at Timeless Tales Travel, we make sure every trip is exactly what you wish it to be. We specialize in creating dream vacations, and the best part is our services are free!
Get a quote on your dream Disney Holiday today.